Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yield for Whale Crossing???

I'm freaking glad that people are actually reading this and giving their opinion!! I really really want everyone to basically know what is out there and have themselves research it so they can decide what to do with the information and how it might possibly effect their life.



So, for the sake of moving on, I am not going to go too in depth with the different versions on this one. Since the Bible is pretty big, it would take quite a while to give examples of all the mistranslations and things that are taken out of the text. But if you are looking into why there are different translations in the world and how translators get to writing different things, you have to go back to the original documents and which documents were corrupted and which ones were preserved. There is a lot of information for that and information for the authors translating and their reasons for translating. I really encourage everyone to look into it somewhat. It's pretty amazing.



So before I cut it off completely, lets just say that someone came up to me at work or somewhere and was like asking about the Holy Trinity. They have heard it before but like they have had a different background and are just really confused as to what it is. This is that great opportunity to witness to someone!! Well it just so happens that I pull out a piece of paper that has a verse on it! The verse is 1 John 5:7. And lets just say that that is the only verse that you can remember and use. Would that verse be able to tell them what the Trinity is?!?

Another scenario: Someone comes up and asks why did Jesus come down here to the earth??? Well good question my friend! Let me pull out my piece of paper with a verse on it and we will find out together. This time the verse is Matthew 18:11. And again, lets just say its the only one that you know yourself and only one that you can use. Would that verse be able to explain to them why Jesus came down to this earth!?!

Switching gears here, I want to kinda like start talking about whales and how they fit into evolution. Since I'm at the library and I should probably get some lunch before I go to work, I won't go to in-depth with it right now. But just know that many very intelligent people in the world today that do a lot in the field of science, etc, etc, strongly believe that once upon a time, whales could walk down to the nearest 7/11 and grab a slurpie. Considering I didn't really pay attention in my biology class and considering the standards of the school I went to, I don't know what they taught in this area. But if you check out some books in the library and look at some of the textbooks in high schools today(probably middle school too), its taught as a fact. And the amazing evidence that they have for this spectacular advancement in science is the whale's pelvic bone!

So that's kinda the skim the surface information for this topic and I will for sure talk more about it and give some like sources for people so they can look into it themselves. So again, please leave any comments, opinions, ideas for this because there is no "you are wrong and I am totally right", there is just truth. Thanks!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Farah said...

Hey, Dyl! I am reading. What's next?

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home